I was fortunate enough to get an advanced copy (thanks NetGalley and B&H Publishing Group) of Why Her? by Nicki Koziarz which is out TODAY! Nicki has an amazing gift, she has the ability to bring Old Testament characters like Leah and Rachel to life in a way I gain a new understanding of familiar texts. She relates these to her modern day anecdotes which I can apply to my life and share biblical wisdom I can live out! In this book, she has reframed comparison and given a God-centred way in which I can tackle it. Read more of my review here.
Nicki describes the book as follows:
If success is defined in the eye of the beholder, who are you letting behold your success?
Why Her? confronts the comparison question. Bible teacher and author Nicki Koziarz details the striving of two sisters in the Bible, uncovering six truths we need to hear when trying to measure up leaves you falling behind.
These six truths will help you:
• Stop staring at her success and find satisfaction in yours.
• Find contentment with your life without being complacent in who you are becoming.
• Gain godly wisdom to answer the Why Her? silent question of your soul.
Someone will always be ahead. But that doesn’t mean you’re behind. Because Truth, like always, will set us free. And free women don’t have to measure up to anybody. Not even her.
In addition to being available, this book has also been chosen as the next online bible study for Proverbs 31 Ministries! I love doing bible studies with P31 OBS as we dig in so much deeper into the Word and the book, share with each and other and really connect. What do you get when you sign up for this free online bible study?
- The first three chapters of Why Her? in PDF format
- The opportunity to join an online small group
- Exclusive study videos with the author each week
- Weekly study posts sent straight to your email
- A weekly “Week at a Glance” PDF with a suggested study schedule
- Invitations for Online Bible Study “events,” including Facebook Lives and social media parties with other participants
*Note: The only thing they don’t provide for free is a copy of the book!
Sign up for it now here